THE CRITICAL CARE SCN SCIENTIFIC OFFICE
The Critical Care SCN research portfolio was established in June 2013 with initial stakeholder engagement and priority setting at the Jasper Alberta Innovates Health Solutions meeting.
We are a community of 40 active members coming together to support:
• 2 Partnership for Research and Innovation in the Health System grants
• Critical Care SCN –Canadian Critical Care Trials Group Fellowship Competition (2 awarded 2014 & 2017; $100,000)
• New Investigator Seed Grants (12 were awarded between 2014-2017; $233,000)
• Critical Care SCN - Alberta Society of Intensive Care Medicine Trainee Competition (33 trainees; 5 awards between 2014-2017; $2,500)
• 17 partnered research projects led by 11 different PIs (new and established investigators) and representing over $5.2 million in peer reviewed funding, since 2014
• 55 peer reviewed publications.
THE PAN SCN SCIENTIFIC OFFICES
The Scientific Offices (SOs) of the Strategic Clinical Networks comprise the Scientific Directors (SDs) and Assistant Scientific Directors (ASDs). The SOs engage the scientific community to identify and support scientific rigour, best practice, and advancement of research and innovation priorities within AHS.
2016 - 2017 Pan SCN Scientific Offices Quick Facts:
1397 Members of the SCN Community 118 Letters of Support
168 Peer-Reviewed Publications 188 Grants Submitted - 80% Success Rate